WCLC Lotto Spot! App Review
Lottery providers that offer dedicated mobile applications for their players are easily one of our most favourite things—aside from rollover jackpots of course. These apps are often useful programs that cater to the exact needs of players and go a long way in improving the experience of playing a lottery. In this WCLC Lotto Spot! app review, we will look at the official app of the Western Canada Lottery Corporation and see how you can use it to better your lottery experience.
The apparent primary feature of this app is to allow you to scan your purchased lottery tickets and check if you are a winner. Doing this is incredibly simple and can easily be done if you’re in a hurry. To scan your ticket, simply tap on the scan icon on the home screen or on the bottom navigation menu. When doing this for the first time, you will need to grant the app access to use your device camera.
Once you have enabled your camera, simply point your device camera at the barcode printed on your lottery ticket. Using this barcode, the app will identify what lottery your ticket is for, what draw date the ticket is eligible for, and what your numbers are. If this draw has already happened, the app will automatically check your numbers against the results and let you know if you are a winner.
It must be said, however, that this great feature does come with a disclaimer attached to it that you will see each time you open the scan feature. The app clearly states that WCLC cannot be held liable should the results of the scanner be incorrect and that you should always ensure that you manually check your tickets as well just in case the app does make a mistake. Certainly, nobody would like to accidentally throw away a winning ticket because of an error on an app!
Aside from giving you the ability to scan your tickets, Lotto Spot! comes with a few other handy features for you to make use of:
- Results: This section of the app gives you all the latest draw results of your favourite lotteries. These results can be filtered by date, and we were genuinely impressed to realise that we were able to see past results for an entire year when testing the app. In addition to this, the results screen will also provide you with a prize breakdown that shows how many winners won on each prize tier and what they won.
- Store Locator: This feature makes use of your device’s GPS to track your location and show you a map of all surrounding WCLC retailers. This can be very handy if you are in an area you are not familiar with and are looking to purchase a ticket for an upcoming draw.
- How to Play: In this part of the app, you can find guidelines and rules on how to play in each of the supported lotteries. This is a great feature that can help you out in a bind if you forget the specifics of how a particular draw functions.
- Claim a Prize: Like the How to Play section, this shows you the steps that you will need to follow should you become a winner. The steps are outlined in an attractive graph and can quickly help you if you are unsure about how to claim your prize.
- My Notifications: This feature gives you the ability to enable push notifications about draw results, special offers, or promotions being held by the supported lotteries.
Location & Lotteries Available
As WCLC develops the app, you may have already guessed that the app only supports Canadian lotteries. Specifically, the app supports the following lotteries:
User Interface & Usability
The app is clean-cut and looks sleek and modern. This is further accentuated by the fact that navigation is handled by a well-placed bottom navigation bar that only holds links to the most prominent features offered by the app. All other navigation is done using the collapsible hamburger menu located at the top left of the screen.
The app only has a 3.1-star rating on the Google Play Store. However, when reading the reviews, most seem to be due to an update that broke the ticket scanner but has since been fixed. On iOS, the app has a much higher rating of 4.4 and seems not to have suffered the same glitch that Android users experienced.
When it comes to ads, there was nothing extraordinarily annoying about the banner ad that displays when first launching the app. This ad is simply a notice of massive upcoming jackpots or the closing times for draws happening soon. Aside from this, there are no other ads anywhere in the app. There are banners at the top of the home screen that display the upcoming Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max jackpots. However, these can hardly be considered as adverts since most users will want to know that information, and you can easily look past them to the other features of the app.
WCLC Lotto Spot!: Scam or Legit?
Lotto Spot! is developed and published by the WCLC—meaning it is a reputable app that you should have no concern over using every day if you so please.
Conclusion – WCLC Lotto Spot! Review
WCLC Lotto Spot! is an excellent app in our opinion and works well to reiterate what we said at the start of this review about lottery operators developing mobile applications that work to enhance the experience of playing the lottery. This app does that all too well by offering a stellar ticket scanner, a great results library, and many other useful features that you can make use of.