Lottoland Review 2023: Lottery Betting Done Right
Lottoland is an online lottery service owned by EU Lotto Ltd., a Gibraltar-based company. Created in May 2013, the service allows people from all over the globe to participate in lotteries not traditionally available in their countries. Aside from lotteries, the website also offers several luck-based games and scratch cards to provide more chances for visitors to win big.
The website is available in several languages, including English, Portuguese, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and many more. In this Lottoland review, we'll learn why this site is considered by many to be one of the best in the industry.
How Does Lottoland Work?
Unlike an online lottery ticket agent, which would purchase physical tickets on your behalf, Lottoland lets players bet on the outcome of lotteries from all around the world. All of the regulations, odds, and prizes—including jackpots—are the same, however, plus the site can offer players special promos that wouldn’t be possible with fixed-price tickets.
To start betting, the first step is to create your own Lottoland account. Before signing up, make sure that you’re in the correct region. For example, if you live in the UK, you should sign up via their www.lottoland.co.uk website. Once you’ve done that, simply fill out the form and submit it to become a Lottoland player.
After you’re signed into your account, choose a lottery from the tab located on the homepage. You can either select your own numbers or have the system randomly generate them for you. Once you’re satisfied with your picks, click on “Submit” to proceed to the checkout counter. Here you can add payment options and claim any promotion codes before finalizing your transaction. Details of your purchase will be sent to your email address.
Once your entry is paid for, your numbers are stored in Lottoland’s system. You can view your existing entries any time through your online Lottoland account. Unlike other lotto websites, Lottoland does not purchase tickets on your behalf. Instead, you are betting on the lottery’s outcome without entering the actual draw.
The system then checks winning numbers for the draw, and if your numbers match the winning combination, you will be contacted by Lottoland using the contact details you provided in your user account. Since you are not entering the actual draw, most of your winnings will be paid directly by Lottoland itself. If, however, you win a big jackpot, then Lottoland’s insurer will pay you out—which is how all lotto betting sites work.
Is Lottoland.com Legit or a Scam?
Lottoland is one of the world’s biggest lottery betting websites and has paid out countless winnings over the years to players worldwide. Lottoland is a legit lottery website and has considerable, openly verifiable insurance coverage in the case of a massive jackpot win. In addition, they are fully licensed by a variety of gaming commissions from around the world. This means that they have to operate according to strict regulations—ensuring that you and your money are safe.
Lottoland Review - User Experience
Lottoland’s website is filled with content. It is more than just a place where you can bet on draw results—there are several ways by which you can try your luck at winning big. For example, you can play digital scratchcards, video slots, table games, instant-win games, and more.
The site also has helpful information for beginners, such as an introduction to lottery betting and lottery comparisons. Despite the website’s large volume of content, the layout is simple, and everything is easy to find through the navigation bar at the top of the page and the links found at the bottom of the page. While it also works well on mobile devices, the site has its own dedicated mobile app for both Android and iOS devices.
Lottoland allows people to bet on the outcomes of the draws of the following international lotteries:
- Irish Lotto
- Win-Win Charity Lotto
- Mini Lotto
- Lotto Plus
- US Powerball
- Mega Millions
- SuperEna lotto
- Keno 24/7
- Polish Lotto
- Hong Kong MK 6
- Swedish Lotto Plus
- Austrian Lotto
- Brazil Quina
- German Keno
- Multi Keno
- SA Lotto
- SA Powerball
- Millionaire Go
These available lotteries include some of the most popular lotteries around as well as some in-house games run by Lottoland. It is, however, essential to note that the availability of these games depends on where in the world you are accessing the site from.
There are a variety of additional features separate from the lottery that work to keep you entertained while visiting the site. These include:
- Syndicates: Getting Powerball jackpot odds of 1 in 579,765 might sound like crazy talk, but because Lottoland’s syndicate options are some of the best in the business, this is entirely possible. With as many as 504 lines per draw split across just 145 shares, group play on this site is absolutely fantastic. Check out our full Lottoland syndicates review for details.
- Casino Games: Aside from lottery betting, Lottoland is a fully licensed gambling website operator and also offers a number of fantastic casino games. Simply click on the “Games” tab on the navigation bar to see a selection of table games, video poker, roulette, blackjack, and many more. Some of these are available as live casino games, for those who prefer their action interactive and in real time.
- Slot Games: Lottoland also has dozens and dozens of video slots from various game providers, including NetEnt favourites such as Starburst, 7UP, and Jackhammer 2: Fishy Business
- Instant Win: In addition to the games mentioned above, the site also hosts a large number of Instant Win games that include favourites like Deal or No Deal. These games are great if you are looking to try your luck in a hurry.
- Scratchcards: If you are a player who loves digital scratch cards, then the site has a wide number of scratchers that offer prizes ranging from cash to cars.
In order to credit your online player account, Lottoland accepts the following payment for lottery betting transactions:
- Bank Transfer
Players may request a withdrawal of their winnings from their player account to a nominated bank account. To do this, you may be requested to undergo a verification in which you will need to provide proof of your identity and address and banking details.
How to Claim Your Winnings
All winnings are automatically paid out into your online player account. The site does boast a guaranteed payout clause which works to give you confidence that you will receive your winnings. Large amounts, which are usually paid by Lottoland’s insurer, may be taken as an annuity or as a lump sum payment. The downside to selecting a lump sum payment is that 36% will be deducted from your winnings. This is in line to the deductions taken by large lotteries such as Powerball and Mega Millions.
Lottoland Review of Customer Support
The website has a large knowledge base that not only answers common questions, but guides users through some of the more common processes involved, from placing lotto bets to withdrawing winnings from their Lottoland account.
Live support is also an option, although the availability differs depending on what domain you are contacting from. For example, for Lottoland’s UK domain, the office hours for live support are midnight to 10 pm (BST) on Mondays to Wednesdays, the full day on Thursdays (BST), and midnight to 4:30 pm (BST) on Saturdays and Sundays.
Finally, there’s a contact form you can fill out via the website to send in your queries, or you may email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The site has a dedicated promotions page which gives details of all the currently active promotions. There are generally a decent amount of promotions available, but it is best to check these out for yourself when you visit the site. For active deals available through us, scroll to the end of this article.
Rules and Regulations
Lottoland has the following rules for all player account holders:
- You must be 18 years old and above to create a Lottoland account, unless your jurisdiction dictates that you must be 21 years old to avail of such service.
- Participation in online lottery betting must be allowed in your country or jurisdiction. For this reason, the site automatically blocks sites that are not eligible to use its services.
- Players shall comply with any requirements asked by Lottoland in the process of confirming identity.
- Due to the UK’s laws regarding gambling, Lottoland players from the UK can enjoy their winnings tax-free. As for citizens outside the UK, taxation rules in the country of residence will apply.
- Employees of Lottoland, as well as their spouses and dependents, are prohibited from participating in the online lottery betting services provided by Lottoland.
- Only one player account per person is allowed.
Lottoland.com Review Conclusion
Based on the look and feel of their website, Lottoland is one of the best lotto and refined betting services around. From the sheer number of available lotteries to the number of games you can bet on, it has something for everyone who wants to try out online gambling.
In the course of our review, we also checked consumer reviews around the web and saw that some people complained about the service’s methods. Some even went so far as to call Lottoland a “scam” because they believed they were purchasing tickets for the actual draw, instead of betting on the draw’s outcome. However, Lottoland clearly states that they don’t purchase tickets on players’ behalf and that all purchases act as bets on draw outcomes, and this information is found both in the signup process and is well documented in the knowledge base. There is even a constant banner throughout the site that answers the question of what lottery betting is. Unfortunately, given how people don’t really take time to read terms and conditions before signing up, we assume many people simply miss this fact until after they’ve paid. That does not in any way affect the validity and trustworthiness of the site and the great products that it offers.
In fact, despite the complaints due to that misunderstanding, Lottoland is one of the top lottery betting sites in the world. Although there are other sites like Lottoland out there, it certainly deserves the fantastic reputation that it has. Test your luck, and you just might become the next massive jackpot winner.
Join Lottoland now