theLotter Review 2023: One of the Best Lottery Sites Ever
theLotter is an online lottery messenger service that allows visitors to buy official draw tickets for more than 50 international lotteries.
The official website was launched in 2002 by The Lotter Enterprises Limited and is available in 13 languages, including English, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, and German.
In theLotter review below, we'll find out why this is one of the biggest brands in the entire online lottery site industry.
How Does theLotter Work?
As is standard with all of the best online lottery sites, site visitors first need to sign up for an account at TheLotter.com before they can start buying tickets.
Users need to set up their payment methods and contact details during the process. Once they have a verified account, they can start buying tickets to any of the 53 official lotteries available on the website.
After the people behind the website have received your payment, they will purchase it on your behalf through any of their 20+ offices worldwide.
To put customers at ease, the site boasts a 100% ticket-scan guarantee. Regardless of how many tickets you buy, you will be able to see a scanned copy of your physical ticket in your user account.
Your tickets are stored within your online account, so you can check the website manually to see if your ticket has won.
The site will also notify you of any winnings through email or SMS if you set your notifications on and left the relevant contact details.
TheLotter.com doesn’t take a percentage of your winnings. Instead, it charges a flat fee for each ticket purchase.
Users can see how much they need to pay in transaction fees before confirming the ticket purchase.
Secondary winnings are often sent through the user’s preferred payment method stated in the account. Users may also opt to leave their prize money in their online account for lotto purchases.
For large winnings, such as jackpots, the prize has to be collected in person due to official lottery policies.
In situations like these, theLotter assists the winner in travelling to their destination and the local office guides them through the collection process.
Is theLotter.com Legit or a Scam?
No, theLotter.com is most certainly not a scam.
For starters, the site has a license to operate from the Malta Gaming Authority—meaning that it has to work under strict regulations.
Second, the site has been around since 2002, making it one of the pioneers of the entire online lotto industry.
Since then, it has paid out over US $99,593,021 to over 5.5 million players from around the world.
This fact, alongside the excellent online reputation that the site has, makes it 100% trustworthy.
To sum up, you can play on the website with the utmost confidence that you (and your money) are secure.
As something that can make or break a website, the user experience of a site is almost as relevant as what the site offers.
We are happy, therefore, that theLotter.com has done a fantastic job of making the site user friendly.
Aside from the modern design and stunning graphics, the site has a simple layout that allows you to navigate to where you want to go quickly.
Once the homepage is loaded, the first thing that you will see is a list of the largest jackpots. You will also see the lottery’s current jackpot and countdown till draw date.
A navigation bar is located on top where viewers can choose from several ongoing lotteries, read up on rules and information, or create an account.
The website is highly responsive, viewable on several different browsers as well as all recent mobile devices.
For mobile users, there is also a dedicated app for both Android and iOS.
The app runs smoothly and offers easy access to all of theLotter’s main services and features.
TheLotter.com sells tickets to these and many other lotteries from around the world:
- USA: Powerball, Mega Millions, Cash4Life, Take 5, NY Lotto, Cash Five, TX Lotto, TX Lotto Extra, Texas Two Step, Lotto America
- Europe: EuroJackpot, EuroMillions
- Italy: Lotto, SuperEnalotto, MilionDay
- Spain: La Primitiva, EuroMillions, BonoLoto, El Gordo
- Australia: Oz Lotto, Powerball Lotto, Monday Lotto, Saturday Lotto, Superdraw Saturday, Wednesday Lotto
- Austria: EuroMillions, Austria Lotto 6/45
- Brazil: Mega Sena, Quina
- Canada: Lotto 649, Ontario 49
- Chile: Clasico Loto
- Columbia: Baloto
- Finland: Finland Lotto, Viking Lotto
- France: EuroMillions, France Lotto
- Germany: German Lotto 6aus49
- Ireland: Daily Million, Lotto
- Hungary: Hatoslotto, Otoslotto
- Mexico: Melate, Melate Retro
- New Zealand: Powerball
- Poland: Lotto, Mini Lotto
- Portugal: Totlotto
- South Africa: Lotto, Powerball
- Ukraine: Megalot, Super Loto, Loto Maxima
- Japan: Loto 6, Loto 7, Mini Loto
With this ridiculous number of lotteries available, you may be slightly hard-pressed to choose which one you would like to participate in.
But hey, having too many options when it comes to lotteries is never a bad thing!
The site offers a solid amount of extras that you can take advantage of to spice up your lottery experience and improve your chances of winning. These include:
- Syndicates: The site is home to syndicates that participate in over nine different major international lotteries. These syndicates allow you to pool your money with others to improve your odds of winning a massive jackpot. To use just one example, playing in the Mega Millions syndicate could help improve your odds of winning from 1 in 302,575,350 to just 1 in 1,512,877—all for only $13.33. This makes theLotter’s syndicate options some of the best in the industry. For details, read our standalone theLotter syndicates review.
- Bundles: If you are a player that regularly plays in more than one lottery, then the bundles option on the site will be perfect for you. This allows you to purchase tickets for multiple lotteries in a single transaction. Not only is this extremely convenient, but the bundles generally come with a decent discount that will let you spend less money.
- Results and Info: While most online lottery websites publish results from the latest draws, theLotter.com does much more than that. In addition to all the latest results, the site also provides an extensive collection of info for over 100 different lotteries. This info includes how the lotteries work, prize tables and odds of winning, and even draw schedules for the lotteries.
- VIP Club: TheLotter’s VIP Club is recommended for frequent users of the website, as it allows them to earn 1 VIP point for every $1 spent in lotto ticket purchases. Users can accumulate points over time to enjoy different benefits such as discounts on lottery subscriptions and multi-draws. The Lotter VIP Club also has exclusive draws in which only VIP members can participate.
- Winners and Stories: While it may not be a feature that will help you win anything, this is an excellent section of the site that tells you about the latest theLotter winners and how they came to win. It is a great place to see how people's lives were changed by taking a chance on their preferred lottery games using the site.
- Multiple Site Versions: This may sound like a strange feature, but it's actually an effort to offer unique services to players that are located in different regions. That's because theLotter.com offers different versions of its site depending on where you are. In some cases, as with India, they offer an entirely separate website (LottoSmile.in) targeted at local players.
Before purchasing a lotto ticket, users need to first set up a mode of payment. The chosen mode of payment is also where theLotter will send secondary and smaller winnings.
Here are the available modes of payment on the website:
- Diners Club
- Direct Debit
- Nordea Entropay
- Bank Transfer
Withdrawals can be requested from your online player account and can be done using the following methods:
- Diners Club
- Bank Transfer
How to Claim Your Winnings
One of the greatest things about theLotter is that they will claim most winnings on your behalf.
In fact, according to the site, all winnings will be credited to your player account as soon as the site receives them.
The only exception to this is jackpot wins, in which case you may be required to collect your prize in person.
If so, theLotter staff will make this as hassle-free for you as possible by organising transport to where you need to claim your prize.
They will even have someone from the local office assist you with the entire claims process. Talk about convenience!
theLotter.com Jackpot Winners
Over the years that theLotter has been around, it has produced quite a few winners—including several jackpot winners.
Though the individuals’ names have been excluded for privacy and security purposes, we double-checked the stories on the site's “Big Winners” page and found that the accounts are true and accurate.
- On July 19, 2017, Aura D. from Panama City, Panama, won a $30 million Florida Lotto jackpot. She retired from her job and had a plan to make sure her family would be set for generations to come.
- Back in August 24, 2015, a man with the initials M. M. became theLotter’s first jackpot winner when he won $6.4 million in the Oregon Megabucks draw. Because he was from Iraq, he flew to Oregon with the help of theLotter staff to claim his prize. Currently, this is the largest winning made by a theLotter lottery user.
- A man originally from El Salvador who had worked in the US for many years won the second prize of $1 million in the US Powerball draw on January 31, 2016. The 73-year old had moved back to El Salvador upon retirement, where his $1 million prize money will go a lot further than it will in the US.
- An Australian who has been an avid customer of theLotter.com since 2003 had finally struck gold and won the 2nd prize of the US Powerball lottery last October 19, 2016. Although he had made several small winnings over the years, the $1 million prize money he won marks his biggest win ever.
The customer support offered by theLotter is rather remarkable and can be reached via the following channels:
- Live chat: The website's built-in live chat feature allows users to talk with a customer service representative in 14 different languages.
- Toll-free phone lines: These lines are available 24/7 in the following countries: US, UK, Canada, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, Australia, France, and South Africa.
- Email support: Also available in 14 different languages, theLotter's email support aims to reply to each message within 24 hours. For your convenience, you can also contact customer support through WhatsApp.
- FAQ: The site also hosts an incredible FAQ section that should answer almost all of your questions.
Welcome Bonuses / Promotions
In addition to the welcome bonus featured at the bottom of this article, the site holds promotions that change periodically. All of these offer significant incentives to play in certain lotteries.
One example of this is the 25% CashBack offer that the site was running during the time of this review.
It allows for any player who purchased a certain amount of tickets into Australia’s Saturday Lotto to receive 25% of their money back.
Rules and Regulations
theLotter is not a lottery organisation itself; instead, it is a platform where people can purchase lottery tickets online.
Because of this, rules and regulations with regards to eligibility are limited to account ownership.
Any winnings made by an account holder who has been proven to be a minor will be forfeited.
Individuals who are directly related to any lottery organization are also not allowed to purchase tickets.
Each individual lottery has its own rules and regulations, and users are encouraged to read them first before purchasing a ticket to ensure their eligibility.
Individual lotto rules are available on the website.
theLotter.com Review Conclusion
When it comes to online lottery sites, the main things people look for are a variety of games, solid features, safety, and security.
We are happy to report that theLotter is an excellent and legitimate site that delivers in all of these areas.
As a platform where people can purchase lottery tickets worldwide, there is little about theLotter that won’t appeal to users.
On top of that, they can be assured that their information is kept private and their identities safe, even when they win big.
As such, theLotter.com certainly deserves to be high on our list of the best online lottery sites.
It gives players from all over the world the chance to try their luck at lotteries not available in their area. It also gives them more winning opportunities through a wide range of fun features.
Furthermore, the willingness of the site to assist when there is a problem using their exceptional customer support is second to none.
Therefore, if you are looking for a place online to purchase tickets for your favourite lottery, we highly recommend theLotter.
Join theLotter now
Latest theLotter Promotions
User Reviews (11)
Love the special offers they have from time to time. The bundles option is awesome too… Saves me money while letting me play individual tickets and as part of a syndicate in one ticket. No complaints yet and I’ve been a semi-regular customer for just over six months now.
I live in North Carolina and can’t use my credit card with this site because to my bank they are listed as an online gambling service. Every transaction I tried to make was blocked! Wish I could play, but seems there isn’t much of a way around this. I have a buddy up north (in the igloo-infested land known as Canada) who has the same problem. Anyone know a way around this?
Not sure what’s up with these guys, but they now require customers to buy a minimum of 5 tickets even though before it was 3. Other than that, I really like this site and play on it a few times a month.
For people in Canada and the US who say they can’t use their credit cards because they block gambling sites/services, have you tried buying and using a prepaid credit card? Apparently this might be a way around it.
I’m Thinking of signing up with this service but does anyone know if the winners’ testimonials they have on the site are real?? Looks pretty convincing but I would like to make sure, thx.
Saw ads for theLotter online on a number of different occasions, but I never thought much of them. But one day I saw an article about it on a reputable Canadian website (https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/huge-increase-in-online-sales-for-lottery-tickets-through-thelotter-in-canada-627250301.html) that got me curious enough to look into it further. I signed up yesterday and am waiting for my first draw results this weekend. Seems like a solid company.
Doing my research, it seems some people really bitch about how this company charges a fee for the lottery tickets it (re)sells. Ummm.. well, it’s a business, and that’s how business works. Were they expecting them to give the tickets away for free? Honestly, if they can give me access to lotteries I would never have an opportunity to play otherwise, then I’m fine with paying a few dollars extra for that. Sure beats flying to all the countries/regions where the lotteries are actually held!
Great site… nice options to win and play. Would like to learn and enjoy more about this business.
My credit card company was charging an extra fee ON TOP of the one theLotter already charges to me, so it was really annoying, as I did felt ripped off in total charge. But I try another credit card and it was fine. Recommending.
Can’t comment on what it’s like to claim a respectable prize from these guys, but normal/regular types of prizes don’t seem to be a problem. Thanks guys!
Great customer service and ease of use, and I love how they scan the tickets they buy for me and I can access these scans in my account. Def feel like I’m dealing with a real company and not just some bastards trying to take my money (hehe). They also automatically update me on the lotto results, which saves me a lot of time – gone are the days of waiting for the lotto results to come up on TV! That being said, I think their price could be a little lower for some of the lottos.