Hosting a lottery pool has become a popular thing to do in today's times. Aside from the fact that you get to play alongside friends, family, and even co-workers, lottery pools allow you to significantly improve your chances of winning larger amounts of money. However, managing a lottery pool is far easier to do in theory than in practice. Thankfully, Atlantic Lottery has thought of this and have created an app just to make this easier. In this PoolApp review, we will look at what this app has to offer and how you can use it to manage your syndicate easily.
As you may have already guessed, the main feature of this app is to help you—as a lottery pool manager—keep track of your group of players. Unfortunately, the app only currently supports Canada’s Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49 draws. However, the support that you get is rather fantastic.
To begin using the app, you will need to register a pool manager account. This can be done in seconds by providing your pool names, your full name, and a valid email address. You will also need to confirm that you are over the age of 19—which is slightly higher than the usual 18 years of age that most lotteries require.
Once you have registered your account, you will be able to add players to your pool. This is done quickly enough by merely adding each player’s name and email address. After this, you will be able to start managing your pool using the following options:
- Track Payments: The app provides you with information on who has and has not made payment for an upcoming draw. Once a player has paid, simply mark that you have received their payment and the app will automatically mark them as participating in the draw. You can also view who has not paid and is, therefore, not eligible to receive winnings if you win.
- Add Notes: If there is anything specific that you would like to remember about a draw (such as IOUs, who is playing for free, or even if one person is abstaining from a particular draw), you will be able to make notes that are saved about a specific draw. These notes will only be visible to you and are an excellent way to keep track of things that you may otherwise forget.
- Add Ticket Image: This great feature allows you to take a picture of your ticket after it has been purchased and save it to the app. This is handy if you would like to keep proof for the other players in your pool that you have been buying the tickets that they pay for.
- Winnings: This feature only becomes available once a draw has past and allows you to enter in the amount of any winnings that your tickets have won. This allows easy reference to past draws to see how much you have won as a group.
In addition to the great features listed above, the app has even more useful tools that will make operating your lottery syndicate a pleasure rather than a pain:
- Player Messenger: The app has a great feature that allows you to send a message to all players in your group at once. All you will need to do is type your message, select which players you would like to message (if not all) and hit send. It must be said, however, that this message is sent via email and will, therefore, require that you enter email addresses for your players when you add them to your pool.
- Draw Update: This feature allows you to send out a draw update to all your players via email. The update will include who is participating in the draw, attach the image of your tickets (if you have added any), and share the win results if you have already captured them.
- Payment Reminder: As with the draw update above, you can use this part of the app to remind certain players that their contributions to the pool are now due. You can customise the message that is sent to your players and the amount that it reminds them is due.
- Winnings Report: If you would like to notify your pool members of a win without sending a Draw Update, then this feature allows you send a dedicated message alerting players to the win. You can include the total amount won and how much each member is eligible to claim in the message.
Location & Lotteries Available
As we said above, unfortunately, there are only two lotteries currently supported by the app—Canada’s Lotto Max and Lotto 6/49. That being the case, we really do hope that the app will begin to include more lotteries soon since we'd love to write an article on lottery pools that won big using this app.
User Interface & Usability
If you have not picked it up yet in this review—we love this app. Not only is it well designed and marvellous to look at, but PoolApp is also fluid and allows you to do things with minimal effort. All navigation is handled by the bottom menu bar, and moving from one place to the other can be done in mere seconds.
While we did expect ads to be present in this app—due to it not being published by any significant online lottery website, we are delighted to report that the app does not include any ads. When registering, you can opt to receive news and updates from the app developer. If you choose not to select this option, however, you will not have to worry about any ads or spam.
PoolApp: Scam or Legit
PoolApp is—in our opinion—100% legitimate. The simple reason for this is that there is no real possibility of you suffering any loss by using the app. The only consequence that may occur is that you will begin to receive spam at the email address you used to register. This risk is well worth the reward if you use the app and is something that is barely noticeable amongst the great features offered. Considering all the (often serious) problems that lottery office pools can encounter—like the one managed by Americo Lopes—PoolApp greatly simplifies the entire process and makes everything transparent.
Conclusion – PoolApp Review
PoolApp is a fantastic concept that was impeccably brought to life. The app makes managing an office lottery pool an absolute dream, and we cannot think of why any syndicate manager would not use this app. The only downside to the app is the supported lottery list—which makes the application redundant to a large number of people who play other lotteries. If more lotteries are added to the list, however, this app would be unstoppable.