LottosPhoto App Review
Mobile apps are something that we would never have thought would exist 30 years ago. Yet today we would be hopelessly lost without them. From navigation to ordering dinner, we rely on apps to help us live our busy lives.
It is no surprise then that lotteries are now also available via apps. After all, in today’s busy lifestyle, who has time to stand in line for a ticket?
In this LottosPhoto app review, we will look at a lottery app by people behind LottosPhoto.com. We will also see whether it really will make playing the lottery directly from your phone easier.
As you probably can guess, the app's main feature is the ability to purchase lottery tickets directly from the palm of your hand. The app seems to manage this relatively well.
To purchase tickets, you will first need to have a player account. If you don’t have one already, you can register a new player account using the app. This is great because it means that you can use the app from the start, even if you are a new player.
After registering an account or logging in, purchasing your lottery ticket is as simple as following the below steps:
- Select which of the supported lotteries you would like to play in.
- Choose your numbers using the virtual pick slip displayed on the screen or use the Random feature to pick numbers using a random number generator.
- Select whether you would like to play for just one draw, subscribe for a selected number of draws, or play using a reduced optimisation (discussed more below).
- Choose which draw date you would like to play.
- Click on Validate Bet to place your order.
- Confirm your order in your checkout basket and click on Finalise Order.
- Select a payment method. You can choose between using your player account credit, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment and complete the purchase of your ticket.
There are only three real additional features offered through the app.
- Results: This section of the app allows you to see the results for your selected lottery's previous 12 draws. These results are limited only to what the winning numbers were and don’t show how many winners there were or any prize tables.
- Reduced Gameplay: This feature is integrated into purchasing a ticket, as mentioned above. It allows you to play a number of different combinations all made up of the numbers you select to play. These are very costly to play but state that they guarantee matching certain numbers.
- Support: While it is not uncommon for an app to offer support, LottosPhoto takes this to the next level. The app provides almost every information page that the LottosPhoto website does. This includes a FAQ, a list of services offered, and information about who is behind the site. You can also fill out an online form directly through the app.
Location & Lotteries Available
Sadly, there are not many lotteries available through this mobile lottery application. This is not because the site hasn’t bothered to develop the app for more lotteries. It is because the LottosPhoto website is also very limited.
The available lotteries are:
- EuroMillions Superdraw
- El Gordo
- La Primitiva
- Spanish National Lotto
User Interface & Usability
We don’t like complaining about lottery apps. This is because the sites or developers that launch these apps spend plenty of time trying to make sure that their apps are user friendly and work well.
Sadly, neither of these is the case for the LottoPhotos app. The design of the app is completely unappealing. It reminds us of the very first instances of an app that appeared when smartphones were first released.
The graphics used are low quality, and the menu is clunky and offers way too many links that you probably won’t ever use. Even the plain white background makes the app look drab and boring.
The app is also not particularly responsive. Clicking on a link in the app will show you a loading screen that you may be looking at for an extended time. This length of time depends slightly on your Internet connection.
However, moving around the app seems slow, and you may soon get rather irritated with using such an unrefined app.
There are no adverts anywhere in the app. This is not surprising because the app was launched by an online lottery website.
As a standard, these sites' apps don’t have any ads, as the sites releasing them can afford to pay for the app to be developed and used without needing to include ads.
LottosPhoto App: Scam or Legit
LottosPhoto.com has proven itself to be a legitimate website. In fact, there are plenty of users around the world that use the site to play in the great Spanish lotteries offered.
As such, being the official app of the website, the LottosPhoto app can be trusted. While we do get slightly nervous completing payments on an app that is so sluggish, the app is secure, and you don’t actually have to worry about using it.
Conclusion – LottosPhoto App Review
The concept behind the LottosPhoto app is great. The desire to create an app that allows players to play from the convenience of their pocket is something that we will never complain about.
Sadly, the reality is that this app misses the mark in a big way. It is sluggish and doesn’t look great either.
We hope that LottosPhoto will soon update this app to something that is actually appealing to users. If they don’t, we can’t even try to recommend that players install it.