The Lott App Review
There is a growing trend amongst app developers to begin creating apps that cater to a specific country’s lottery interests. One such app is The Lott. As the premier Australian Lottery app, The Lott is officially endorsed by all Australian lotteries and is your one-stop shop for anything to do with supported Australian Lotteries. In this The Lott Android app review, we will look at what the app can do and what features it gives you access to.
As mentioned above, the main purpose of The Lott is to be a central app for Australian Lotteries. This encompasses many features and gives the developer a great deal of freedom in the way that they would like to develop the app.
One of the features that could be the main feature—in our opinion—is the ability to purchase lottery tickets through the app. However, this is only available in the paid version of the app and not the free “Lite” version that is available otherwise—an app store policy that the developer wouldn’t be able to avoid even if it wanted to. Nevertheless, buying lottery tickets is done easily by linking your Tatts Lottery Group membership card to the app or by logging into your Tatts Lottery account. Each of these tasks can be done by either tapping on the card icon located at the top of the home screen, or by navigating to the Join/Login part of the tabbed menu at the bottom of your screen. From here you will be able to either enter in your membership card details, log into your Tatts Lottery account, or sign up for a new user account—which requires a whole lot of verification.
After you have logged in to your account or linked your membership card, you will be able to purchase a ticket for any of the supported lotteries. To do this, you will need to navigate to the home screen and then select the lottery that you would like to purchase a ticket for. Once selected, you will be presented with a list of upcoming draws to choose from. Simply select your preferred draw and tap on it.
After you have chosen which draw you would like to play in, you will be asked if you would like to play in the standard lottery or the system lottery (which allows you to choose up to 20 numbers per line). After selecting which lottery you would like to play, you will have the choice of selecting your own numbers from a grid displayed on your screen or to play using a Quick Pick in which the app chooses numbers for you.
Upon completing all the above requirements, the lottery ticket will be added to your virtual cart within the app. This can be viewed by navigating to your cart using the link on the tabbed menu at the bottom of the screen. When viewing your cart, you will be able to check out and complete the purchase of your ticket using the payment details linked to your membership card or lottery account.
Aside from giving you the ability to purchase tickets, The Lott also offers a host of additional features to make your lottery experience more streamlined and enjoyable. These features include:
- Results: After selecting your favourite lottery from the home screen, you will have the option to switch from purchasing a ticket to viewing results for that lottery by tapping on the Results tab at the top of your screen. This will display the 10 latest lottery draws and includes their results, draw date, and draw number. Tapping on any of these draws will show you the pay table for that draw and the number of winners who won on that pay grade—a feature that we have long maintained is great and usually found in most of the best Android and iOS lottery apps.
- Find an Outlet: This feature allows you to use your device location services to display vendors where you can purchase tickets of supported lotteries in your area. This is handy to have if you are in a place that you are not familiar with.
- Favourites: This section of the app displays all your favourite tickets that you have saved to your lottery account. Saving a favourite ticket allows you to easily purchase the same ticket repeatedly without having to go through the entire process of selecting all the parameters.
- Scan Your Ticket: Simply put, this feature allows you to scan the barcode of your purchased tickets and store them in the app. These tickets are saved to your user account and can be easily checked against the latest results.
Location & Lotteries Available
Lotteries supported by The Lott include:
- OZ Lotto
- OZ Powerball
- Set for Life
- Monday & Wednesday Lotto
- Lucky Lotteries Super Jackpot
- Lucky Lotteries Mega Jackpot
User Interface & Usability
As with most lottery apps that are endorsed or commissioned by mainstream lottery providers, it is clear that time and effort went into the design and user interface of The Lott. The look of the app is modern and striking, while navigation is handled by a simple tabbed bar menu located at the bottom of each app screen.
Moving around the app is relatively fluid and the app is decently responsive—even though a few times it lagged a bit because it was updating the results as we were using it. Unfortunately, as great as the design and interface of the app is, the developer has not yet made it compatible with infinity displays, so your device will have to force the app to run in full-view mode.
There are no ads present in the app—something that we are always thankful for—but this is not unexpected considering that the app is supported by Tatts Lottery.
Conclusion – The Lott Review
The Lott makes its mark as the premium Australian lottery application by allowing you the ability to purchase lottery tickets while on the move. A bonus to this is the fact that there are also a variety of additional features. All this together leads to The Lott being a great app to use for anyone who wants to keep up with Australian lotteries, so we can easily recommend this to anyone in the “land down under”.