Some websites give you a lot to process, and there are times when this is a good thing. Sadly, most times, this is not.
Then some websites give you so much to process that you are not sure where to even begin. These are decidedly not the greatest.
In this SweepSheet.com review, we will look at a site that has been in the sweepstakes game for over 30 years. We will see what the site has to offer and what their experience means in terms of helping you win.
How Does SweepSheet.com Work?
SweepSheet.com is certainly not your average free sweepstakes website. In fact, it was not even initially formed as a website.
SweepSheet was started 30 years ago as a newsletter that was mailed out to its subscribers. Today, this continues alongside the new online platform created by the brand.
To use the site or receive their specially compiled list of sweepstakes, you will need to register as a member. There are four different subscription options available.
These include a single-issue option (two weeks) for $6, a four-issue option (eight weeks) for $12, a 13-issue option (six months) for $30, or a 26-issue option (annual) for $52.
To register a user account, the first step will be to choose which registration method you want. There are three different ones available.
The first is if you are a returning member who wants to renew their subscription. The second method is if you would like to gift a subscription to somebody else. The final method is if you are registering as a new member.
After choosing your registration method, you will need to decide which selection of the above subscription options you would like. Once you have selected your option, you will need to complete a rather extensive registration form.
During this process, you will need to provide all your personal information. This includes your full name, contact details and email, and address. At the end of the process, you will be required to make payment for your option.
Once you are registered, you will have access to the full online site that includes all the latest sweepstakes draws.
All you will need to do is find a draw that you want to enter. This can be done by browsing the available sweeps on the site. There is a horrible, but arguably handy, video showing how you can do this.
Once you have found it, simply click on the entry link to be directed to the official draw operator’s website. Here, you can enter the draw online.
Is SweepSheet.com Legit or a Scam?
SweepSheet.com is entirely legitimate. Not only has the brand been forming its reputation over the span of 30 years, it also has a rather good online reputation.
There is also the fact that, aside from your membership fee, there is no real chance for you to lose anything by using the site. This is because all the sweeps listed on the site are completely free to enter.
The one thing that we warn against is the amount of spam that you may begin to receive when registering. However, the site states that they regulate the number of emails that you will get to ensure that you are not bombarded with spam.
As great as this site may be, there is one thing that doesn’t impress us in the slightest. This is the design.
It looks like the site was originally designed 30 years ago, when the brand was first founded. The website layout is cluttered and clumsy. In fact, there is so much text everywhere that it is hard to know where to look.
Once you have logged into your user account, things don’t get much better. The horrid design carries over to all member areas of the site.
All navigation is completed by using the top menu bar. This is one aspect of the site design that actually works quite well. It allows you easy access to almost any part of the site without much effort.
Because you have to pay to use the site, it doesn’t surprise us that there are no ads visible anywhere on the site.
If you think that the site will look better on a mobile device, you will be shocked to realise that things somehow get worse. The site doesn’t seem to be designed for mobile at all and displays incorrectly on smaller screens.
There are no official lotteries supported by the site. As we mentioned, there are hundreds of free sweepstakes that take the place of big lotteries like the US Powerball.
This selection of draws is split into different prize categories to help you search draws you would be interested in entering more efficiently. The available prize categories include:
- Shopping Sprees
The site has a few useful extras that you can make use of. These include:
- Supplies: If you are looking for supplies to help you in entering sweepstakes, then you can get all the supplies you need from SweepSheet.com. This section of the site acts like a classified ad area that allows suppliers to advertise. There are currently suppliers for books, envelopes, paper and cards, postcards, hand-printing services, and miscellaneous items.
- Clubs: If you are interested in joining a club of fellow sweepstake enthusiasts, then this extra is perfect for you. The site hosts a list of all sweepstake clubs that meet across the US. All you need to do is click on the map to select your state, look through the available clubs in your area, and check the date of their next meeting.
- Member Only Draws: Part of your membership subscription will include access to specific draws that are not even published in the Sweep Sheet newsletter. These exclusive draws can only be accessed online via the membership portal.
- Members Chat: Your membership also includes access to a special members chatroom. Here, you can talk to other sweep fanatics and share tips and tricks on entering different draws.
- My Lists: This feature allows you to keep track of all the draws you have entered. It will enable you to create custom-named lists and fill them with the sweeps of your choice. This is useful if you would like to keep track of a draw that allows daily entry. Adding it to your lists makes it easier to find and enter each day rather than searching for it again.
- Additional Information: Alongside each draw’s details, the site also lists extra information. This includes how many times you can enter a draw and if there are any limitations on who can enter. This makes entering sweeps easier because it allows you to see at a glance if you are eligible for a draw.
Unlike most other free draw sites, SweepSheet.com has a payment method. This is used simply to recover membership fees and is not ever used when trying to enter a draw.
The only payment method available is Visa and MasterCard. This is generally enough for anyone wanting to register as a member because they are the most common ways of making payments online.
There are no withdrawal options available.
How to Claim Your Winnings
As each draw is hosted by a different operator, no set process allows you to claim your winnings. Instead, each draw has its own unique process that you will need to follow.
This process is commonly outlined in the rules attached to each sweepstake. These rules are, unfortunately, not listed with each draw directly on the site.
This means that you will need to look for the rules on the official website of the draw. Then, you will need to check and see what the claims process is should you be named a winner.
As always, we recommend doing this before even entering the draw. This ensures that you know what steps to follow should you be a winner.
There is a rather extensive FAQ section available. This will answer almost all of your questions and will give you a good overview of how the site functions.
If you are still left with questions, there are three email addresses listed. Each one serves a different purpose and are listed alongside what you should use them for. These email addresses are:
- General queries: email@example.com
- Profile stories, subscription, or business-related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New draws: email@example.com
Suppose email still doesn’t get you an answer to your query. In that case, there is also a contact number available during regular business hours (central time). This number is (847) 458-1168.
The site doesn’t have any promotions or welcome bonuses for new members.
Rules and Regulations
Amazingly, the site doesn’t have any rules relating to who can or cannot register a player account. In fact, there aren’t even any terms and conditions to speak of.
Therefore, anybody is free to register an account and use the site. However, it is best to remember that most of the individual draws have limitations on who can enter them.
SweepSheet.com Review Conclusion
SweepSheet.com proudly boasts that it has been in the business of sweeps for 30 years. And, judging by the amount of rambling that the site does, this appears to be evidently true.
However, for a site that has 30 years’ worth of experience, it is hard not to be disappointed. For one, there is the site itself.
As we said earlier, it looks like the site was designed 30 years ago and has never been updated since. This is not something that can just be ignored when we are living in the 21st century. In today’s times, there just is no excuse for a site to look like this.
The next thing is that you have to pay to subscribe. We understand that this is how the site operates. However, there are plenty of other sites that offer the same features for free—although those make their money from advertising.
Altogether then, SweepSheet is a lacklustre website. While overall it’s not exactly terrible, the design definitely is.
On top of that, there are way too many small things that could be improved. These little things may add up enough to make you want to just visit another site. We certainly will.